Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scary night!

We headed out to the ballfield tonight to watch one of Mackenzie's friends play. (Apparently, this is a "boyfriend" which at this age means nothing more than they both think the other one is cute.) Anyway, one of our other good friends was playing on the other field and I was trying to watch both games.. Garrett's game (the boyfriend) was almost over, and Matt's was in the 4th inning when another friend of ours informed me that there was a tornado spotted north of McBee. Which is about 15 miles from where I was. After Garrett's game was over, everyone took off running. I then heard someone say, Funnel cloud over the lake (which was less than 1 mile from where we were) So of course I grabbed my kids and ran into the concrete building. I told my kids to stand right beside the table and if I told them to get under it, to do it. Dont ask questions just do it. Then I saw Matt, I grabbed him and told him the same thing. Bless his heart, he was so worried about his little dog, and about a tornado coming. I just tried what I could to keep all 3 of those babies safe and calm. I finally got in touch with my dad and he told me it was safe to come home, so I did. We made it home safely, and I had to call my dad to tell him I made it home safely, Jordan had to call Cassie to make sure she got home safely, and Kenzie wanted to call and make sure Garrett got home safely too. Normally I do not let her call a boy, and I didnt let her tonight. I called to make sure they got home okay because she was so worried and she would not let it go. Then of course she and Garrett ended up talking. This was the first time she has talked to a boy on the phone and she was tickled. I told her not to make it a habit. I am not sure which was scarier, the thought of a tornado or Kenzie talking to a boy on the phone.

Anyway, you know the friend post from yesterday, let me explain. I have some friends that are as close as sisters to me. I look out for them and their kids just like I do my own. Tonight was a perfect example. Before I would even go into that building, I had to make sure that my friend, and her family were safe and coming in there too. When I left to go home, I called to let her know what the weather was saying, and she called back to make sure I got home okay. (She was on her way home, and I made sure she was in her driveway before I hung up). Friends like these are really hard to come by.

I feel blessed that I have a number of friends like this. I don't tell them everyday how important they are, and I should. So, if you are reading this blog and you are my friend in the real or virtual world, Thank you for being a fantastic friend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Shannon!!!