So our Memorial Day weekend started out messy and kept getting worse. Of course, it rained all weekend, not continually, but off and on all weekend. But we need the rain so I am not complaining about that too much.
Friday morning, I had to go to Sumter to get staples. Yes, staples. Not just any staple, Stainless Steel staples for a pneumatic staple gun. For those of you who dont know what that is, it is a staple gun that is attached to an air compressor. YIKES! That is all I can say about that. Anyway, we HAVE to have these staples because we are replacing the roof on our camper and have to staple the rubber roof to the metal sides of our camper. After getting 15,000 staples ( I know, I am a little excessive) my Mother in law and I set off to Swan Lake to see the Iris Gardens. She had never been, and I told her we would ride by so that she could see where it was. I had to be back at school at noon to resolve a textbook issue so that was all I had time for. I missed my turn in Sumter and I have no idea how I ever found the place. I ended up calling my friend Angie and she helped with the directions, but I was still turned around. Normally, I have a plan and I dont get lost, but there is always an exception. Finally found Swan Lake, literally rode by it on our way home.
Fast forward to the afternoon: My parents bought plates for the American Legion Fish Fry. However, they were both working and would not be able to pick up the plates. So, I told them I would pick up the fish, and take it to their house. I had also agreed to take some pictures at the ballfield and had to be there at 5:30. AND Marty had to work so I had to get him some supper too. Went by KFC for some grilled chicken- NO WHITE MEAT FOR 20 MINUTES- Ok, stopped at Sonic picked up a Grilled Chicken Sandwich, then headed to the Fish Fry. I had to be there before 4 because that was when it ended. So I was running all over the place after picking up the kids from school. Got to the Fish Fry, got out of the car, Kenzie was talking to me, the guy cooking the fish was telling me that it would be a few minutes on the fish. Apparently they sold more than they had prepared for, which is a good thing. However, while they (Kenzie and the other guy) were talking to me, I forgot to move my leg out of the door before I shut it.
BIG NASTY BRUISE AND SMALL CUT LATER, I got the fish and went home. Took the chicken to Marty, and on the way to my parents to drop off the fish, my cell phone rings.... This cannot be good
It is Marty. "Shannon, Mom fell, Ambulance has been called."
Me "Did she hit her head? Is she conscious? Did she break something?"
Marty, "I don't know. Just meet me over there."
Me, "Okay Let me drop off this Fish first."
Then my sister in law Robin calls. Informs me that she is conscious that she did not hit her head, that she thinks she broke her foot. So I call Marty back, tell him what Robin said, and that the ambulance was there. No need to kill ourselves to get there. So by the time we get there, everyone is gone, and Marty went back home. I went ahead to the ballfield. She did break her foot and her ankle and is supposed to try to go to the Dr. today or tomorrow..
After that, the rest of the weekend was pretty boring.
Friday morning, I had to go to Sumter to get staples. Yes, staples. Not just any staple, Stainless Steel staples for a pneumatic staple gun. For those of you who dont know what that is, it is a staple gun that is attached to an air compressor. YIKES! That is all I can say about that. Anyway, we HAVE to have these staples because we are replacing the roof on our camper and have to staple the rubber roof to the metal sides of our camper. After getting 15,000 staples ( I know, I am a little excessive) my Mother in law and I set off to Swan Lake to see the Iris Gardens. She had never been, and I told her we would ride by so that she could see where it was. I had to be back at school at noon to resolve a textbook issue so that was all I had time for. I missed my turn in Sumter and I have no idea how I ever found the place. I ended up calling my friend Angie and she helped with the directions, but I was still turned around. Normally, I have a plan and I dont get lost, but there is always an exception. Finally found Swan Lake, literally rode by it on our way home.
Fast forward to the afternoon: My parents bought plates for the American Legion Fish Fry. However, they were both working and would not be able to pick up the plates. So, I told them I would pick up the fish, and take it to their house. I had also agreed to take some pictures at the ballfield and had to be there at 5:30. AND Marty had to work so I had to get him some supper too. Went by KFC for some grilled chicken- NO WHITE MEAT FOR 20 MINUTES- Ok, stopped at Sonic picked up a Grilled Chicken Sandwich, then headed to the Fish Fry. I had to be there before 4 because that was when it ended. So I was running all over the place after picking up the kids from school. Got to the Fish Fry, got out of the car, Kenzie was talking to me, the guy cooking the fish was telling me that it would be a few minutes on the fish. Apparently they sold more than they had prepared for, which is a good thing. However, while they (Kenzie and the other guy) were talking to me, I forgot to move my leg out of the door before I shut it.
BIG NASTY BRUISE AND SMALL CUT LATER, I got the fish and went home. Took the chicken to Marty, and on the way to my parents to drop off the fish, my cell phone rings.... This cannot be good
It is Marty. "Shannon, Mom fell, Ambulance has been called."
Me "Did she hit her head? Is she conscious? Did she break something?"
Marty, "I don't know. Just meet me over there."
Me, "Okay Let me drop off this Fish first."
Then my sister in law Robin calls. Informs me that she is conscious that she did not hit her head, that she thinks she broke her foot. So I call Marty back, tell him what Robin said, and that the ambulance was there. No need to kill ourselves to get there. So by the time we get there, everyone is gone, and Marty went back home. I went ahead to the ballfield. She did break her foot and her ankle and is supposed to try to go to the Dr. today or tomorrow..
After that, the rest of the weekend was pretty boring.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment