Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jordan's Birthday & Fathers Day 2009

Jordan's birthday cake from Cold Stone Creamery
All the Great-Grandchildren

My daddy and my grandaddy. They could be twins.


Jordan and Connor- The big boys!



Me and my Daddy

First, Marty's Father's day surprise was a hit.. He had no idea about the ABC's of our Daddy book that we did for him. The kids wrote it, and I added the pictures. Had it made into a hard back book for him and he loved it. So far, everyone that has seen it loves it. We had a busy weekend.

Jordan turned 11 on Friday. It is soooo hard to believe that he is 11 and that he will be starting middle school in the fall. For his birthday, he wanted to spend it with his friend Cassie. Cassie is his "girlfriend" (Mostly his friend and she is a girl because at the ripe young age of 11, I should still be all the girl friend that he needs) Ahem. We (me, Jordan and Cassie) went to Florence had lunch at Redbone Alley, messed around a little- kind of shopped for Father's Day, then went to Brusters for Ice Cream...Mackenzie had spent the night at a friends house so I had to get back to pick her up and then J & K had to have hair cuts. I was exhausted after such a day, but we still managed to go to my mom's for Jordan to get his birthday presents from her. All the child wanted was money so he could buy a cell phone. He got over $100.00 for his birthday, and was determined to get that phone. Little did he know, we had already gotten him one. He loved it... until I found that as of yesterday he had already sent/recevied 21 text messages SINCE FRIDAY and most of them said HEY? What the mess is that??? So I had to fuss at him about that a little bit....

Anyway, back to the story... We went to my grandparents house on Sunday for a cookout. Those had to be the best hamburgers I have had in a while. We enjoyed our afternoon with the Stegner clan!! I had to cut it short though because I had to go to the funeral of the young man in the previous post. So Sad...

We went to the Franklin's for a little while on Sunday night to see Marty's dad. Then we came home and crashed... I don't know if it is the heat or what, but it is sucking the life out of me.

Oh, and my foot.. I have messed up my foot. Don't know how or what I have done to it, but the Dr. seems to think it is Bursitis.. I thought that was only for old people. Anyway, it had to be bad for me to go to the Dr. I never go... UNLESS I am unsuccessful at self medicating. Which is hardly ever since I am a nurse's daughter. If I don't know what I should take, she usually tells me.

Hope you enjoy the pictures from this past weekend. These are all from my grandparents house. I forgot the camera when we went to the Franklin's...

No comments: