The past few days have been some of the hardest for me to put into words. I am going to attempt to do that now, because I just need to get this off my chest. Thursday morning my phone rang. It was a very good friend of mine calling to see if I had heard anything about another friend of mines child. The more she talked the more upset I got. You see, the child (okay he is 23) was someone I used to babysit. He had apparently passed out on the way home from a cookout the night before. He was NOT drinking or doing anything wrong. His blood sugar dropped for unknown reasons and he passed out. He ran off the road and hit a tree. He did not make it. This young man was what every parent wants their child to be. He was polite, funny, smart & handsome. He graduated from UGA and was in his 3rd year at UGA Vet School. VERY SMART, and could play the piano like you have never heard.
I have had people I love to pass away, some have been sick and I have had time to say goodbye. Others, I have lost suddenly. Not many have affected me like this. I am not sure if it is because he is so young and has such a bright future ahead of him or if it was because I have watched him grow from a boy into a nice young man..
Josh's family need a lot of prayer right now and I ask you as you read this to pray for them. They cannot understand why this has happened to him. It is just hard.... The visitation was tonight and there were so many people there that I stood in line for over an hour before I even saw the family. That says a lot about the type of person he was. Today is also his older brother's birthday and tomorrow is Father's Day. Please be in prayer for that too. I cannot begin to imagine how I would feel if I lost one of my children, much less to have to bury one of my kids on Father's Day...
Anyway, Please remember this family in your prayers tonight and in the days to come. They need all the prayers and love they can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment