Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Excuse me?

I have always been kind of fascinated by photography. I love a camera, as long as I am behind it, and love to take pictures of all kinds of stuff. I really developed an interest for it when I started scrapbooking years ago. Needless to say though, this is my scrapbook these days. Anyway, Marty bought me a 35mm Canon Rebel G for my birthday when Kenzie was a baby, and I LOVED IT! I really started taking pictures then! Some weddings, proms, kids, sports, nature, you name it, I just loved it!

Then I decided I needed a digital camera. So I got another Canon, this time a point and shoot. I loved it too. It even took videos. But I really missed the sharpness of my Rebel. So, I bought myself a new camera! I am still learning it, cause I have only had it a week, but still. I am getting the hang of it. I went out to the ball field last night to watch a friends child play, and I "practiced" on him. Ummm, 142 pictures later, I went home. I had so much fun with my new camera!!

Here comes the Excuse me part....

One of my fellow church members wants me to take a picture of his clubhouse. I said sure, I would love to. He has someone who is going to make an oil painting from a picture, so obviously he needs a picture. I asked Mr. H when he would like me to do it, and he said, let me see when I can get the plane.

UMMMMM, Excuse me?

I had been to this club house, it is not in a location that I have to fly, I have driven my car there. Why do I need a plane? What?

So, I said, "A plane? I thought you wanted one of the club house on the pond behind your house?" He said, "Yes, I would like an aerial one."

UMmmmm, Excuse me?

For those of you that don't know me, I DONT FLY!!! Never have, and plan on keeping it that way.

The plan right now is, I will take the picture from land FIRST and IF it is not what he wants, then I will go up in a PLANE? As long as it doesnt go over water and stays in Darlington County, I guess I will be okay.

I need some prayers for real if I have to get in a plane. Really I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't drop your new camera out of the plane!!! LOL!!! :)

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Sounds like fun!

CHRISTY said...

What a cool opportunity!! You HAVE to at least TRY it! I'd do it in a heartbeat!!