Thursday, March 12, 2009

Poor Mackenzie

I noticed Sunday night that Kenzie had the pinkest cheeks. I thought she was just hot because she and Jordan played so hard outside all day. Then I noticed the rash on her arms. Uh Oh.. I thought, maybe she is allergic to the cedar tree at my grandparents house. Well, when she cooled off, the rash went away. So, it surprised me when the next morning it reappeared. Before the Dr's office opened, the rash disappeared again. So I sent her to school. At recess, she broke out again!! So I took her on to the Dr. Marty had already diagnosed her from information he found on the web. He was right, she had Fifths Disease. Which sounds a lot worse than it is. In fact, once the rash appears, she is not contagious anymore. So other than keep her out of the sun, there was nothing they could do for her. The rash is better, but I had to pick her up from school on Friday for a stomach ache. I took her back to the doctor because I felt like it was more than a stomach ache. She was really weepy and just cried at the drop of a hat. She had a slight fever when we got there, but after flu and strep tests, urinalysis and CBC, everything looked fine. I insisted they run more tests to find out why she has these stomach aches all the time. The doctor just seemed to think it was school phobia? She loves school, she is not scared of it. Anyway, he did order an upper GI on her. We got home and she slept until it was time to get Jordan. When I woke her up, she was burning up with fever. So I dont know what she has.... If the fever is not gone by Saturday, I am taking her back to the doctor. I just hope she hasn't picked up the flu during her many visits to the Dr. this week.

No comments: