Monday, November 9, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year!!! I love the smell of Christmas and how friendly people tend to be this time of year. One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is making gifts, cooking and of course, SHOPPING!!

A few years ago, I found the best book for holiday cooking and gift giving ideas. It is the Gooseberry Patch Merry Christmas cookbook! It is full of ideas from making your own gifts, displaying gifts adn cards, and of course it contains great recipes as well. One year, I used the recipe for Overnight Coffee Cake in a jar to give to the kids teachers. Instead of using a jar though, I used a Pampered Chef small batter bowl. I attached a card to the bowl that said, "No one measures up to you!" and the teachers loved it!!! Not only did they have almost everything they needed for a wonderful Christmas breakfast, they also had a great batter bowl as well! Thanks Gooseberry patch for the recipe and for my Pampered Chef consultant for the idea of putting the two together!

No comments: