Monday, December 29, 2008

Stegner Christmas 2008

Grandpa Harvey

My dad trying to put Jackson in the trash bag.

Jordan, Mackenzie and our cousin Marshall

Granny Jean and Grandpa Harvey

Jackson with a mouth full of fudge.

We spent the afternoon at my grandparents house. I am so fortunate to have my grandparents and for the most part, they are very independant. My grandfather has Parkinson's disease and was diagnosed before Jordan was born. He has only been hospitalized one time IN HIS LIFE and that was in 1998 for an anerysm repair. The Parkinson's is taking a toll on him but he doesn't let that slow him down. He probably should slow down sometimes, but he doesn't. When he started falling a couple of years ago, instead of giving up and staying inside in a chair, Granny bought him a golf cart. He does everything in that golf cart. He even drives to the post office in it.

Granny tries her best to keep up with all her projects and keep up with Granddaddy too, but that is almost impossible. She has the most spunk of any 82 year old I have ever seen. She is very energetic and loves her family and thinks her 6 great grandchildren are just precious.

We love to go to Granny's house for Christmas. I have always been there with them on Christmas day and would not take anything for it. She still puts up a real Christmas tree. She always has her homemade pickles on the table. She loves to hear Michelle and I fight over her creamed corn, and Michelle and I have always had a deal on the eggs. She will eat the yellow stuff out the middle and I eat the white stuff. She is weired like that.

This year was one of the best Christmases ever over there. There was so much love, you could taste it. I look forward to every holiday that I can share with them.
Here are just a few pictures of Christmas at The Stegner's

No comments: