Friday, November 28, 2008

Thank-FULL

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend. We spent all day Wednesday morning in the ER. Marty has not been feeling well for quite some time, and even went to the Dr. on Monday. He woke up Wednesday morning not feeling "right" at all and even had some very scary chest pains. He was diagnosed with a virus on Monday and we really aren't sure yet if that is what it is or not. Anyway, after a few hours in the ER, he was admitted. I told you this was scary. There were no indications at this point, other than family history of heart disease, but that was enough to want more tests run. He is NOT a big fan of the doctors office much less the hospital so this was not fun for either of us. After many sticks and pokes, he was ready to come home. Not to mention that the hospital decided to polish the floors at 2 AM. The doctors don't think his condition is cardiac related at this point (THANK GOD) but are still doing tests. He was discharged just in time for Thanksgiving at the Franklin's.

Needless to say, I am very thankful that he is at home with us today and that his heart appears to be okay. We will know more next week. But for now, we are just staying positive and cautious. I am also very thankful that our kids were very well taken care of during his hospitalization. Kenzie and "Pa" made fudge on Wednesday and Kenzie sold each piece for 2 dollars. She is a little steep I think. Jordan and Kenzie stayed with "Ma" and "Pa" until my mom got off of work. They spent the night with Grandmama and had a great time. It is wonderful to have both sets of grandparents and one set of great grandparents close by.

We (Jordan, Kenzie and I) went to my grandparents house Thursday afternoon and had a ball. We all ate way to much, and enjoyed visiting with our cousins..(Well, most of them, Michelle wouldnt share Granny Jean's Corn) I am also very thankful to get to spend the holidays with my grandparents. They may not have heard half of what was said but they were very happy to have us there. The kids could tear up the house over there, and Granny would just sit back and say how precious they are.. Good thing she cant hear sometimes.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Hope to hear from you soon!

No comments: