Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Perspective

It is funny how one sentence can change your entire day. Here I was sitting at football tryouts waiting on Jordan. Me and my friend Debbie were discussing basically football. Who was trying out, who wasn't, that sort of discussion... I dont know what made me check facebook, but I did. I saw where one friend had written on another friends wall that they were praying for them and their family. My mind suddenly went to their child. They have a 4 year old that recently had her 3rd open heart surgery. She was born with HLHS, and is doing well now.. The daughter also has Epilepsy, which was diagnosed after the surgery. I immediately thought... Oh No, what is wrong with MC? So I went to read this friends blog.... The first sentence was "I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.." I felt my heart break into many pieces for her and for her family. But I kept reading. When I got to the end of the post, I wanted to cry. Then I remembered a bible verse that I have found myself referring to more and more. Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Will you join me in praying for this friend in her time of need? GOD knows who she is!


No comments: