Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our new "Home away from Home"
























































I am not sure how or when Marty convinced me to give "camping" a try... I mean, the only time I ever went "camping" as a child, I was 9. It involved a tent, in August, and a different campground every night as my sister and I traveled to Maine with my Uncle Roger, Aunt Nancy and my cousin Cheryl. This was BEFORE inflatable mattresses, and the ground was HARD. It is really funny what I do remember about that trip. I remember Roger eating tuna straight from a can, and a grapefruit with every meal.. I remember the 5 wienie dogs that rode with us.. I remember Cheryl eating strawberries until she broke out in the hives. The ice cream shop we stopped at almost everyday once we got to Maine (I have yet to find any ice cream as wonderful as it was there that summer.) I remember one night it was raining, and I had to use the bathroom so bad. We all know what it is like to have to go and to add pouring rain beating on a tent didnt help matters either.. Plus the bathhouse was a little too far for a 9 year old to go by herself. I think I eventually slept one or two nights in the car so I had a softer spot to lay.




Anyway, with this being my one and only camping experience, I never really had much interest in it.



Several years ago, we started vacationing at a campground in Myrtle Beach. We rented a house one year, and while riding through Ocean Lakes on the golfcarts, the camping bug bit Marty. A couple months later, we bought our first camper. A 28ft travel trailer. It had a bed, it had air, and it had a toilet. I could deal with that. We have been camping in that travel trailer ever since.... UNTIL..... the bug bit Marty again. This summer.



While we were vacationing this summer, we realized what was our cozy camper, was closing in on us.. .Our kids were getting bigger, they really wanted to bring friends with them to the beach, and there was really no room for more than the 4 of us anymore. We started looking at different campers, and what our needs now were, and happened to find EXACTLY what we were looking for! A month later, we went back to the beach... In our new "Home away from Home"! We are enjoying this one so much, we can barely wait to get to the beach each month to use it!!

No comments: