There are certain people in my life that I am thankful to ever have the blessing of knowing. I feel blessed to have met 3 or my four grandparents, and still have 2 of them alive today. There is never a dull moment when my grandfather is involved. You never know what kind of joke he is going to tell, stunt he is going to pull or what else he may have up his sleeve. He is one HOT MESS. I can remember growing up, my grandaddy had goats. He may have even had some cows at some point. But back to the goats for now. He would ALWAYS name the new baby goats Snowball if they were all white, or if not they would be named Michelle, Lori or Shannon, after the 3 granddaughters. I can remember him playing with us and sometimes he would get carried away and would end up being chased around the house by our Great Granny O. She always chased him with a wooden spoon! He has been known to sing the wrong verse of a hymn in church on purpose or just belt out Home on the Range! Like I said, never a dull moment!
My grandmother AKA Granny has always been the more prim and proper one. Or so I thought. She has also been quite the pistol lately. She says what she thinks, and if you don't like it, Oh well! She may be 84 years old, her birthday was yesterday, but she's still got it. If you don't believe me, ask her neighbor. She had him "watch" a snake in the yard one day so she could get the gun. Hit the snake on the first shot and made the thing jump several feet in the air! Needless to say. Dont Mess with Granny!! We (the grand daughters) fight every year over her cream corn, and the great grands have now started fighting over her deviled eggs. She loves every minute and think they are all "precious". We have decided though she wouldnt find them as precious if she could hear everything they say.
This is Granny

There is also another person that I am very thankful that God gave me! It is my cousin Michelle. She has put up with me and my sister like no one else ever had to. She stayed with us during the summer for a couple of years. My dad even bought a baby blue VW and taught her how to drive a straight drive so that she could take us to the pool. Sure we had a few incidents that involved a Lemon Meringue Pie, and some mace being sprayed in Lori's face, but who is counting? The good times far outwayed the bad ones. Michelle is one of a kind. Who else can give gifts like the net off of a turkey or a sex change kit to her grandfather and get away with it! We always have a good time when she is around or if we are just chatting on Facebook! She is very quick witted and you never know what she is going to do next. Her birthday is tomorrow and she will be turning 41. Happy Birthday Michelle!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and many many more great years!!

This is Michelle with a bra on her head and my granddaddy,
There are many more people I feel blessed to have in my life. I chose to blog about these today because of Granny and Michelle's birthdays and my grandparents anniversary is coming up next week. They will celebrate 65 years together!
They just amaze me!
No comments:
Post a Comment