Scatman
No, this is not Mackenzie, the blonde hair will fool you..
Kenzie and one of the student instructors! We love Brittany!
She is awesome with the kids!`
Mackenzie has been taking dance now for 7 years. Yes, she started taking when she was 2. I know. Crazy right? Well, she loves it, and I enjoy it too. All these years, I thought I was a "Dance Mom". You know.. Take your kid to dance, write the check for the classes, buy the costume & shoes & pictures. Get flowers for a job well done at the recital. Put their little makeup on, fix their hair, and wait for them to hit the stage.. All these years, I WAS WRONG.
Mackenzie made the Jr. Tap Team for the studio where she has taken dance all this time. This is her first year competing, so we are both learning, A LOT!
The SC State Dance Competition was this past weekend in Myrtle Beach. We got up Saturday morning and drove to the beach. Mackenzie insisted on having her makeup and hair done BEFORE we left at 9 (she didnt dance until 3). But I can always touch it up right? I decided that Jordan needed to support his sister and go to the competition because she always goes to his games and events. Anyway, we (me, Jordan, Mackenzie, Jordan's friend Matt, and his mom Debbie who happens to be a great friend of mine) loaded up the car with what seemed like her entire room, and headed to the beach. By the way, with makeup comes attitude as I figured out the hard way.
We took our time, went to the mall shopped for a while, had lunch and then went to the competition. All I can say is when we went into Justice at the mall we laughed because Debbie thought she was having culture shock there. Little did we know what we were about to endure.
We walk in to GIRLS EVERYWHERE, makeup everywhere, hairspray everywhere, it was crazy.. I had NO clue where I was supposed to be going, or what in the world I was supposed to be doing. Debbie (who has all boys) and I were definately in culture shock! HA! We finally got Mackenzie ready again, and were able to watch some of the dances before her. She could have sat there all day. Jordan and Matt on the other hand looked bored out of their minds. Thank goodness some other friends of ours were sitting right in front of us and they knew what was going on. We had no clue, I mean NO CLUE.
Now I think I can say that I am a Dance Mom.... In training.
Mackenzie made the Jr. Tap Team for the studio where she has taken dance all this time. This is her first year competing, so we are both learning, A LOT!
The SC State Dance Competition was this past weekend in Myrtle Beach. We got up Saturday morning and drove to the beach. Mackenzie insisted on having her makeup and hair done BEFORE we left at 9 (she didnt dance until 3). But I can always touch it up right? I decided that Jordan needed to support his sister and go to the competition because she always goes to his games and events. Anyway, we (me, Jordan, Mackenzie, Jordan's friend Matt, and his mom Debbie who happens to be a great friend of mine) loaded up the car with what seemed like her entire room, and headed to the beach. By the way, with makeup comes attitude as I figured out the hard way.
We took our time, went to the mall shopped for a while, had lunch and then went to the competition. All I can say is when we went into Justice at the mall we laughed because Debbie thought she was having culture shock there. Little did we know what we were about to endure.
We walk in to GIRLS EVERYWHERE, makeup everywhere, hairspray everywhere, it was crazy.. I had NO clue where I was supposed to be going, or what in the world I was supposed to be doing. Debbie (who has all boys) and I were definately in culture shock! HA! We finally got Mackenzie ready again, and were able to watch some of the dances before her. She could have sat there all day. Jordan and Matt on the other hand looked bored out of their minds. Thank goodness some other friends of ours were sitting right in front of us and they knew what was going on. We had no clue, I mean NO CLUE.
Now I think I can say that I am a Dance Mom.... In training.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment