Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from our home to yours

I love Christmas, I really do. I love everything about Christmas, the shopping, the smells, the hustle and bustle of trying to get everything done before the big day. This year was no different. My kids are getting older, and starting to question the magic of Santa. But just when you think they do not believe, something happens to bring it all back!

For the first time in over 10 years, a local home was brought back to life with the Christmas decor I remember from when I was a child. The last time the house was decorated Jordan was only 6 months old. I remember driving through Mack Webb's Christmas display with Jordan in the back seat and thinking how much I wish my kids could enjoy that house as much as I did when I was a kid. We would beg our parents to drive to his house every night from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Most of the time they would give in and take us, and each time we saw something different from the times before. Anyway, this year, the lights are back on, and to quote my baby girl, it is a miracle. We have been to see the lights at Swan Lake, and even the ones at James Island, but something about this display is magical! I took the kids the first night they were lit, and Mackenzie couldnt wait. She was so excited that we were going as soon as dance was over, I have no idea if she even paid attention at dance that night. As we were driving to his house, Mackenzie kept calling it the Winter Wonderland, (she had no idea). She and Jordan oooohhhed and aaaaaahhed through the drive way and as we rounded the turn, Mackenzie saw it... No, it was not the rotating Christmas tree in the gazebo or the display of Christmas villages, or even the rocket that was once one of my favorite items. It was the manger scene in the window of the barn.. So beautiful and peaceful. Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. Mackenzie gasped and then started talking about how beautiful the manger scene was and that part was her favorite part of the whole display!!! It brought tears to my eyes that with all the hype that surrounds the holiday, my child saw the true meaning of Christmas in a holiday light display.

The next day, Marty rode with me to pick her up from school, and she couldnt wait to tell him that she had scene a MIRACLE!!! She kept telling him how amazing the lights were and everything she had absorbed the night before, and that her favorite part was the manger. Of course, we had to go back that night so she could show him what she was talking about...

We have been super busy with everything Christmas and of course Mackenzie's birthday was a couple of weeks ago too, so I havent had much time to blog, but I do want to wish everyone who reads this post a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR from our home to yours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!

Angie