Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bless her heart.....

Mackenzie comes up with the craziest things sometimes. I never know what in the world is going to come out of her mouth. One thing is for sure, she is BLONDE, and she is not scared to show it. Don't get me wrong, she is very smart and does extremely well in school. She just has a different view of the world I guess.

For example, we were going home the other day before we went to church for the kids group. We passed a cow pasture (yes, we live in the country) and there were some calves that were nursing. What I saw was a big, white momma cow feeding her baby which happened to be black. Okay, this sounds racist, but I promise it is not. Kenzie says to me, "Momma, What is wrong with that cow?" and I said "Nothing, why do you ask?" She said "Mommy, that cow has one head and two butts." (Yes, she says butts, thanks to an older sibling and older cousins, it was very hard to avoid) I said "No, honey that was a momma cow and a baby cow. The baby cow is nursing." I knew when I said that, this was not the end of the conversation. She said, What is nursing?" So I explained, In cow terms that the momma cow has utters and the baby cow gets milk out of the utters. Then "Mommy, how do Mommies nurse their babies?"
So then I had to explain that.. "Well, when you have a baby, your breasts make milk and the baby gets the milk from their mommy's breast. I could see the wheels turning in her head and almost thought that was the end of the conversation. Boy was I wrong.

She said, "So they get milk out their mommy's temples?"
I said, "You mean, nipples?"
"Yes, that is what I meant mommy"

All I can say is Bless her heart.... She is so blonde.

No comments: