Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to Reality

After spending 2 very short weeks at the beach life here is back to normal, well almost. Marty had an appointment with a neurosurgeon this morning, and he will be having his herniated disc repaired on Friday, August 1st. The recovery time will be approximatly 8 weeks if all goes as planned. Please pray for both of us during this time. Marty has NEVER had surgery of any kind, let alone been hospitalized. I am pretty nervous about the entire procedure. The Dr. will go in through the front of his neck and operate that way. Any surgery on the back scares me so I definatly need prayer for peace during this time. I am praying that we have made the right decision and that this surgery will help him. I know he is very uncomfortable right now and he needs some relief.

On a lighter note, I will post some pictures from the beach soon. I still havent unpacked my camera. We are enjoying the pool this summer and are looking forward to the Annual Rodeo at the Rec Center. It is two nights this year and I am sure I will be exhausted afterwords but it is always such a great event!

No comments: